How is this Vegan thing going? Great! I’ve been having oatmeal or cereal with almond milk for breakfast. Healthy snacks of carrots & hummus, grapes, popcorn or soy yogurt. Lunches and dinners consists of baked potatoes with lemon pepper & broccoli, salads & soup, Indian food & brown rice, black bean tacos… It’s all good. 😀
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve been on automatic pilot, at work, with putting milk in my oatmeal and then saying, “Doh!” But, I am not going to beat myself up over it. Eating Vegan is change that takes time. However, I have replaced the milk at home with Almond Milk and the family loves it! Works great in all my cooking, too. Small changes to make a healthy difference.
Want to know what else?
Well, if you don’t I am going to tell you anyways. I’ve lost 4.5 pounds this week! And yes, my meals filled me, I didn’t go hungry, and I feel great! So, I am not giving up this Vegan Kickstart anytime soon.
Financially, my vegan meals don’t costs us anymore than normal. I buy more produce and canned beans. Doesn’t cost me so much, so far.
This week’s meal plan
- Sunday: Ultimate Veggie Burger, mashed cauliflower, and a green salad. Dessert: Raw Cacao Walnut Fudge
- Monday: BBQ Veggie Skewers, leftover mashed cauliflower, and tomato-basil soup
- Tuesday: Easy Vegetarian Tacos w/ Mexican Jumping Bean Slaw with Vegan Sour Cream
- Wednesday: Eggplant Parmesan, mashed potatoes, and mixed greens salad w/ Balsamic Vinegarette
- Thursday: Teriyaki glazed salmon (non vegan night), brown rice, and broccoli
- Friday: Eat out
- Saturday: St. Patty’s Day/Surprise B-day Party
I know many of the recipes call for eggs, cheese or milk. But I use Earth balance for butter, omit the eggs (with no problems), use Almond Milk… there are ways around it.
To find more great menu plans, visit Orgjunkie.com