Why is it men don’t eat for a day they lose 5 pounds? Women don’t eat for a week and only lose 1 pound. LOL. Yup, that is my first week total.
1 week = 1 pound
I think you’re right, peeps, going to need to implement the exercise factor. I am going to add in 2 days of walking 1.5 miles and 1 day of serious stair climing – 12 flights of stairs! Well, the first two tries on those stairs, I may not make that climb. But after the 3rd time it should be no prob. I am expecting some serious gluteal maximus pain, but it will result in extra nice form in a pair of jeans.
This week: Now that my husband has been working overtime and I get home late, it has proved extra hard to get a homecooked dinner on the table (want to eat at 7-8pm?). I have decided to implement a week of slowcooking. Put the ingredients in the crockpot during morning and wha la!, a delicious dinner at night.
Here is this week’s meal plan with delicious recipes from A Year of Slowcooking (they really are delicious):
- Monday: Teriyaki Beef Kabobs (daughter’s request), brown rice, grilled tomatoes, and a small mixed green salad
- Tuesday: Chicken Enchilada Chili and mixed green salad with chipolte yogurt dressing
- Wednesday: Cabbage Rolls and mashed potatoes (I am making vegetarian cabbage rolls filled with rice)
- Thursday: I wanted this Indian Curry recipe, but since it is high in fat we are going to skip it this week. Instead, we will have this Indian Chicken Recipe with basmati rice and Chapati (Indian flatbread)
- Friday: Can’t pass this one up. Looks so tasty! Baked Sinach and Cheese Noodles with a mixed greens salad. Not diet food, peeps! But that is where portion control comes in.
- Saturday: I have some salmon to use up. Along with the remaining spinach. So, I will be making the Lemon and Dill Salmon with Spinach. Can’t decide on a side. Hmmm…. Need to give it some thought.
Well, I am off to start week 2 of my portion controlled, exercise happy, kick off the weight week!
To find more great menu plans, visit Orgjunkie.com