Much like holding one’s self accountable for the budget, the weight also follows the same. Since October, status quo in my life has slowly been changing. Mixed with the holidays… well, I compensated it all with eating.
The problem is (and I don’t know if all women have this), I surpassed or hold borderline to the weight I told myself would never happen. Normally, I can fall back into routine and go back to the intended weight. Not this time and I am having difficulties getting myself to return.
I am going on a Diet
So, I feel it was time to share this information with you. Because I need to start holding myself accountable for my weight in order to lose it and maintain. I need to feel healthy again for me, my family, my husband, and my health.
I need to lose approximately 13 pounds. My plans are put myself on a 1200-1400 caloric diet (This number was figured using Lean Cuisine’s Keeping on Track Tools). The calories are not as low as you think, because I seldom have time for exercise.
How I figured my Diet Menu Plan
Here are my personal guidelines on how I intend to lose weight with my meal plan. *Keep it Simple*
- Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day – I enjoy eating small portions throughout the day as it aids in digestion better.
- Limit carbs – watch the bread and pasta intake.
- Fiber & Fruit – increase the legumes, whole wheat, and fruit intake to aid in digestion and health
- Break up calories per meal – I can have approximately 300-350 calories for breakfast, lunch, and dinner mixed with 100 – 125 calorie snacks. Or if I eat a bigger lunch meal then dinner will be lower.
- Use common sense – If your options are a crossaint or a bowl of granola with milk – its easy to figure out the granola is better for me.
My Meal Plan
Breakfast(s): Oatmeal, piece of wheat toast, and a banana; Meusli with almond milk (lots of good stuff in this!); fresh fruit, yogurt, and a piece of wheat toast; green smoothie.
Lunches: I bought Lean Cuisine 300-350 lunch meals. They were on sale for $1.99 + a free coupon for a 6 pack of Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwiches.
Snacks: Hummus and veggies, trail mix, fruit and crackers.
- Sunday: Happy Valentine’s Day! Diet starting tomorrow. We are heading to Bucca di Beppos and off to see Valentine’s Day at the movie theater.
- Monday: Tuna salad with mixed greens and a bowl of tomato soup with sourdough croutons.
- Tuesday: Small portion of Mac and Cheese with (you guessed it) a mixed greens salad.
- Wednesday: 3 bean vegetarian chili, cornbread, and mixed greens salad.
- Thursday: Salmon, brown rice, and steamed broccoli.
- Friday: Eat out sensibly.
Ladies, have a wonderful Valentine’s day! For more Menu Plan Monday, check out Orgjunkie.com. Oh ya, I will keep you updated on my progress. 😉