Just Bento inspired me to become healthier, save money by bringing my lunch, and possibly (I like this one) lose weight. Not that I really need to lose weight…I actually need to tone, but the oncomming summer months spark the ever so unhappy-not-so-bikini-ready-for-summer grumble.
Actually, this is my second bento box. And, I have to admit, not as pretty as the my bento lunch yesterday. I would have taken a picture, but unfortunately, I did not have a camera. And my friend, forgot his in the office. Out of luck.
Yesterday, I included sliced strawberries in the small section. The larger section I sizzled up:
–> white beans, bok choy, cremeni mushrooms sauted in olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper.
Yummy! I promise to make it again with picture. : )
Today… the sliced stawberries repeat because stawberries go bad fast! But they sure are tasty while they last. And, as you see… I whipped up some zuchinni & sweet potato pancakes. I should have included a yogurt dip to accompany the pancakes, but did not have that available in my fridge.
Zuchinni & Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 big handful each, shredded zuchinni & sweet potato
(or yam, yukon, carrots, etc…)
1 C Bisquick
1/2 C Milk
For tasting preference: sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper
1. Salt & sqeeze out excess water from zuchinni. I laid my shredded zuchinni on a paper towel, sprinkled with sea salt, waited a few minutes to absorb and patted out the excess water.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl til you get a semi-thick & lumpy batter. You may need to mix a bit more milk to preference thickness. I actually added about one Tablespoon more milk.
3. Heat frying pan. Spray with non-cooking spray or use a dollup of butter or even good olive oil. Drop a speck of batter in pan. If it sizzles, then your pan is ready.
4. Drop spoonful of batter into pan. I can fit 3 small pancakes into my frying pan, at one time. Fry about 2-3 minutes each side, when they are nice golden brown.
5. Serve & eat up! My guess, a good plain yogurt sauce mixed with some lemon zest would have been perfect! Enjoy!