I notice as we repay our debts life slowly evolves into another common phase: living a simple life. It’s where the bounds of consumerism are slowly sloughed off and is replaced with the simple things in life.
I have started morphing into that phase and blogging about it in ReInventing C (it is still slightly in the construction phase). I realize that the true life I want to live is not about the items I can buy, but about the experiences I can create or delving into artistic creations. Freedom from debt will allow me to pursue this and claim the life I want to live. (There may be a chance I may merge this blog with ReInventing C. It will make my life easier – we will see).
Can you guess where I am at?
Experiences created from traveling or gathering of friends and family. Artistic creations like learning to cook from scratch, learning to make soap, crochet a blanket, or learn to mold clay.
These pictures are from the weekend I just spent. It was a fantastic weekend involving fun with family and friends.
What else have I been doing?
- Well, I have been cleaning out the closets and made $20 on ebay with 2 purses (yeah).
- I went to the library with my daughter and spend time reading with her during the night.
- I donated a large batch of books to Friends of the Library
- Delivered clothes to the Salvation Army
- I have spending time with my husband outside putting a shed together (with due frustrations! lol!)
Just spending time living each moment.
And the Tinkering with the Bank Accounts is working quite well for us! When the money runs out, it runs out! And I don’t go over. We’re done! I really made it simplistic for us that I don’t have any financial conundrums to write about! lol!
Keep living for each moment! Hope your week is starting out great.