You know what makes me happy…
Music: Yesterday, I was listening to the radio play a great song by Pink Floyd. Sends me back to childhood memories when my hippy parents and I used to take our camping trips out to the desert or to the big redwoods of Oregon. They used to always listen to this type of music on our trips. I grew up with this genre of music.
Then today, I realized why I love college radio stations. Because they play the music I grew up with as a teen. The old school punk rock and stuff you just would never find anywhere else. There are some really good musicians out there in the local scene.
What else makes me happy…
- My children sleeping peacefully
- My cats jumping up on the bed in the morning meowing for attention
- My cup of coffee in the morning
- Beautiful pink-purple sunsets like the one last night
- The big aweness of a full moon
- The flowers in bloom in the back yard
- And when $931.56 of my summer fund money is released to me! I saved up $35 biweekly for this fund. And now, I can enjoy what it will bring. Camping, the beach, new bedroom update for my daughter, and more money for Hawaii. It’s also great to save like this for a Christmas Fund. Do you have one in place?
It’s nice to realize the little things sometimes. Don’t forget to “smell the roses”. What small things in life make you happy?