Did you ever realize the simplicity in nature’s harvest? Today, during lunch I was eating a really yummy, juicy orange. Really good. But, it struck me that this orange was conveniently made for us; naturally wrapped in individual slices and packaged in a vitamin enriched orange skin that was easy to peel.
So, I started thinking of other food that was convenient from nature’s garden. And I thought of the Artichoke. I love steamed artichokes dipped in mayo. Mmmmâ€¦ They are also convenient because each leaf peels easily from the stem and gives you just enough â€œmeatâ€ to enjoy. And then, when you get to the center there is a delicious artichoke heart to indulge. Happy goodness!
What else is made just as nice?
- Bananas â€“ perfect abundance of fruit to eat as a snack or cut in a bowl of cereal
- Strawberries â€“ offer a stem to hold while you eat the fruit
- plums â€“ small enough to eat a daily serving of fruit in minutes
- berries â€“ small enough to toss in a good salad
- grapes â€“ great to put in the freezer during summer and pop in your mouth as a snack (kids love this!)
- sprouts – they grow just the right height to garnish a salad; no prep necessary
There is a lot of beauty and simplicity in Nature’s food. What is some of your favorite wholesome goodness?