How is everyone’s Spend Less Month going?
So far, the family is doing great! I will be sending off the final payment of $204 to the Best Buy card this weekend (yeah!). That makes it 1 card down and 4 to go!
What else have we accomplished this week:
- We haven’t eaten out! Saved: $100
- I didn’t buy lunch at work. Saved: $18
- We kept our week’s purchases to a minimum
- One can of wood stain
- Weekly grocery shopping
- Auto Gas as normal
- And a trip to Walgreens for laundry soap
So, we maintained our budget and didn’t rob Peter to pay Paul. And we’ve been able to maintain our challenge for 2 weeks! Only 16 more to go.
What do I think has helped?
- Having a clearly defined written goal of what needs to be accomplished
- The family and I work as a unit to resolve an conflicts that arise in this challenge and learn to compromise
- We realize that the end result is going to be well worth it (*it also helps that I have our Hawaii trip to use as a reminder of our frugal habits)
How are you doing in your Spend Less Month? What habits have helped you to remain on course?