Southern California lends for a warm Christmas day. It is suppose to be upper 70s with sun. This can make it tough to get into the holiday spirit. So, to get my spirits up, I enjoy baking cookies with my daughter. For this menu, I chose to share my favorite holiday cookies recipes – tried and true – I know they work.
- Russian Tea Cakes – the simplest cookies to make and always a big hit with everyone
- Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies – who doesn’t love a batch of these cookies?!
- Snickerdoodles – these cinnamon sugar yummies are great to make all year round
- Ginger Cookies – this is a first for me. I decided that I am going to make a batch for my mother for when she comes over on Christmas day. It’s always been a favorite cookie of hers.
- Rice Krispies Treats – Another favorite treat! You have to use Jet-puffed marshmallows and the Trademark Rice Krispies – no subs!
- Traditional Christmas Dinner – this will be the first time I am cooking Christmas dinner – Wish me Luck! Turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, jellied cranberries, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie with Cool Whip – did I get everything? Let see if I can coordinate everything to be ready at the same time. Oh ya, don’t forget the thin mint cookies shots: 1/3 each Bailey’s, 1/3 creme de cacao, 1/3 creme de menthe. Yum! Taste just like the Girl Scout cookies, but for adults. 🙂
Have a very Merry Holiday!
For more great recipes, visit Orgjunkie.com Meal Plan Menu.