It’s that time again – Menu Plan Monday! Due to holiday season being in effect, the Money Funk household is taking it easy with a couple of slow cooking recipes and one casserole – and they couldn’t be yummier! (the Mexican Cornbread casserole is a new one to me – I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes)
I love these vinyl stick ups – it looks great in my kitchen!
- Sunday: Steak, baked potato with sour cream, cheddar cheese and chives, and veggies
- Monday: Chinese Lemon Chicken (slow cooker), white rice, and broccoli
- Tuesday: Mexican Cornbread Casserole with a green salad
- Wednesday: CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) BBQ chicken pizza and a green salad
- Thursday: Super Simple Cranberry Roast (slow cooker), mashed potatoes, and veggies
- Friday: Eat out – have to run out of town for the evening
- Saturday: Hot dogs with shoestring fries
How are the holidays treating you? We are just finishing up the shopping here. Still need to get our tree, but the rest of the decorations are shining. The week before Christmas we are going to be baking fools – the daughter and me. I’ll be sure to post my favorite recipes this week. If you read, “How we are surviving the holidays without credit cards“, then you’ll figure out what I am baking. I think I listed Russian Tea cakes twice. LOL. And they are the simplest cookie to make, too.
If you have a favorite holiday treat, I’d love to hear about it by leaving a comment section below. Or if you have a great persimmon bread recipe – I’ve been toying with the idea of making some up.
Oh ya, somehow the husband and I talked ourselves into hosting a Christmas dinner – so if you have frugal buffet style tips or dishes to serve – would be a great help! Stay bundled and warm – And thank you for stopping by! 😀
Be sure to visit I’m an Organizing Junkie for more great menu plans!