Isn’t this a gorgeous picture???
Mom’s Budget Files wrote an article yesterday about Christmas is On a Budget This Year. It got me thinking about this ‘economic crisis’ and Christmas.
Most people are on a budget this year. But, then again most people have a budget each year. This year, the budget has tightened strings. But to me, this is not particularily a bad thing. And this is why:
- We are only paying for Christmas with cash on hand and not racking up the credit cards. Hence, NO NEW DEBT
- It’s actually making me creative by providing gifts from ‘the heart’ – homebaked goods, crafted items, etc…
- I am not rushing to finish things. I can relax and spend Christmas as it should be. I can sit with my daughter to make paperchains or bake cookies.
- I do not feel guilty this year about not buying gifts for everyone, because we are all in the same situation. This actually takes off a lot of stress for me & the family
- Because of #2, we are actually able to truly enjoy being with family because they are family. It’s no surrounded with the ‘gimmies’, but instead with little bit of extra toppings to make a great dinner for some family and friends
- This ‘economic crisis’ actually instills many people, such as myself, to give to the community more and help out our fellows. I don’t see the negative in this.
- I actually see the opportunity of being in an ‘economic crisis’ and plan to make genuine warm felt Christmases a thing of norm for my family.
I feel like this time of hardship is bringing people back to our roots. Allowing us to recenter ourselves for the better.We are recentering to realize that non-material possessions actually rank in higher than the materialistic glitz -n- glam. I see communities taking action to help others. We are becoming close knit again. In the long run, I believe we are helping the smaller businesses and/or smaller positive ecofriendly processes survive as the big businesses dissolve.
Of course, these are my thoughts on the situation. I actually think the economic crisis has the definite potential to be a blessing in disguise.
What’s your take on the ‘economic situation’? Love to hear your thoughts.
Have a happy, happy weekend, y’all!