The Earn More Challenge for September. Lovely contestants, do you have your stuff ready for sale? Your craft table ready to create? Your running shoes on to run those dogs?
To me, this challenge signifies more than just making money. It signifies many things:
- Reaching out of the comfort zone and looking for greater opportunities
- Getting to know the confidence & courage that lies within you to make great things happen
- Learning to downshift and feeling clarity from lessening our materialistic items
- Perhaps learning new skills to build a great business
- Gaining new friends or building stronger friendships
I know we will all have our different ways for making money. Some will sell their clutter and some will look for entrepreneurial opportunities. And some will be more successful than other. But that doesn’t matter. What matters is that we tried. And that we are trying to Earn More for good reasons: pay off debt, build a savings, build a Christmas fund, etc…
So, here are my guidelines. These are just general. They may or may not work for you. Or you may want to tweek them a bit. Whatever works.
Earn More Challenge Guidelines
- Second incomes do not count – now this is up for discussion – if your second income is sporatic, than OK. If it is a constant second job, than I would omit.
- Have fun doing this challenge. Don’t stress yourself out. The point is whether you made money or not: you tried 🙂
- Travel around the EMC blogosphere. Stop by. Say ‘Hi’. Your bound to find something that will help you in your month journey. There so many great, great minds in this group!
- Keep a log of what you earn and let everyone know on a weekly basis.
- Blog about your adventures on a weekly basis – I love, love to hear how everyone is doing with their challenge; the weakness and strengths; what is working for you and what is not working for you.
- Let’s help one another out – have a question on how to Ebay or post on Craigslist – leave a comment and will hunt down the right person/mentor in this group to help out.
- This is not who can make the most money.
- Its about making the effort, learning, taking action, finding new avenues in making money or making stronger with the avenues you do use.
- At the end of the challenge, the group will decide the winner. I will post a “cast your vote” bar on the site and let you decide who you think did the best job or effort in this challenge.
Let’s have fun & let the Challenge Begin! Oh wait, you want to know the frugal fun prize?????
The Financially Related Prize:
A Fabric Covered Accordian File to organize your life — Coupons Checks Receipts Recipes Cash Budget
Stylish and functional, our accordion clutch is ideal for organizing checks, receipts, coupons, recipes, cash budgets, index cards and more!
Defining interior features:
â€¢ 12 expanding tab pockets
â€¢ 20 labels
Defining exterior features:
â€¢ Dual silver-tone snap closure
â€¢ Removable quilted and lined cover
â€¢ Crafted from designer fabric
10â€ x 6â€ x 2â€
from Watermelon Wishes (and it’s tres cute!)
And what else does it come with? Why a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate from our very own Jess , author of The Good Life on a Budget!
Get those thinking caps on, the body ready for movement, and let’s take off to make some money! Oh, I will be putting a tally bar up on the site to track a group total. It’ll be fun to watch. Will update on the weekend. So blog, tweet, Facebook, or email me those totals (minus any money it costs to buy supplies, if applicable). Let the Challenge begin!
Ways to Make Money links:
28 Ways to Make Extra Money
9 Really Weir Ways to Make Money
26 Ways to Make Extra Money While Keeping Your Day Job
Questions, concerns, shout outs…. leave a comment. 🙂
I just wanna say I’m excited to particpate in this challange and I am going to try my hardest to complete my goals. And I’m always here for support and motivation, to anybody that might need it. Go us!
That’s a very cool statement on your part. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help keep that spirit of yours motivated!
Wow look at all those challengers….hmmmmm, I better get thinking….
Ya, it really bloomed, huh? Crazy cool!
I’ve been so inspired by your idea that I’ve been posting about it for the last week … but just realized that I forgot to sign up. Count me in !
P.S. People who ebay – how do you take pictures of clothing?
I take pics of clothing on a well lit flat surface with my digital camera. It’s important to make sure the quality of the garments can be seen for full asking price to be achieved. 🙂
Thank you for the tip Serendipity. I, too, have the same problem with taking photos of the clothes. And then my DH said the same exact thing as you.
Yeah! Another wonderful participant. 🙂
Good guidelines. I am too excited. So many people together will try to earn more, this itself is a big success. All the Best to all of us.. 🙂
Thank you. I am glad to hear affirmations about the posted guidelines. There is a lot of great energy! So yes, definitely best to all of us! 🙂
Thank you, Thank you for such a wonderful idea! 🙂
I would love to join this challenge! I’ve been thinking for a while that I need to earn some more cash without the hassle of a second job. Who knows, I might find something successful that will allow me to quit “working for the man!”
Hi Hustler, Yeah! Another person. I am hoping to find that same successful intention. 🙂
Pingback: Earn More Challenge: September
I am SOOO in! I’ll put all of my extra money into my credit card bill. I can use all the money I can get, for sure!
Hi SS4BC, did u tell me earlier that you wanted in? And I failed to put you on the list. Well, if I did… my sincerest apologies.
Glad to have you joined in on the fun! 🙂
What are your plans for raking in extra money?
Nope, I didn’t tell you earlier. Today was the first I noticed this post. =D
I am going to spend some time this evening outlining ways to make more money. We’ll see what I come up with!!
I would love to hear some of your ideas. I know I am still racking my brain, too! Started some things, but am considering how to execute them. Cheers! To good thoughts and plans to come your way.
Alright! My ideas have been posted! They are all semi-repeats of ones that have been talked about elsewhere, but I’m super glad to have them fleshed out and canonized as goals on my blog. =D
I’m REALLY excited about this challenge!
I can’t wait!! This week, I’m cleaning house & next week when the kiddos are in school, I’m going to start making $$$!!
I am going to have such a hard time getting back into school mode. Plus my commuting traffic gets worse. 🙁
But hey, hopefully rolling in the cash I made for September will make it better! lol.
I hope we all find much success in our challenge. Have a wonderful time cleaning house. 🙂
Hello – I may be late to the challenge, but am picking up that gauntlet and am definately up for taking part. I love the guidelines and I will be blogging about my progress. Get set, ready, and May we all be winners!
Late? Of course not! First day of a wonderful start. 🙂 I’m glad you joined us. I do hope we are all winners. *smile*
Pingback: Earn More September « Small Steps for Big Change