The Earn More Challenge for September. Lovely contestants, do you have your stuff ready for sale? Your craft table ready to create? Your running shoes on to run those dogs?
To me, this challenge signifies more than just making money. It signifies many things:
- Reaching out of the comfort zone and looking for greater opportunities
- Getting to know the confidence & courage that lies within you to make great things happen
- Learning to downshift and feeling clarity from lessening our materialistic items
- Perhaps learning new skills to build a great business
- Gaining new friends or building stronger friendships
I know we will all have our different ways for making money. Some will sell their clutter and some will look for entrepreneurial opportunities. And some will be more successful than other. But that doesn’t matter. What matters is that we tried. And that we are trying to Earn More for good reasons: pay off debt, build a savings, build a Christmas fund, etc…
So, here are my guidelines. These are just general. They may or may not work for you. Or you may want to tweek them a bit. Whatever works.
Earn More Challenge Guidelines
- Second incomes do not count – now this is up for discussion – if your second income is sporatic, than OK. If it is a constant second job, than I would omit.
- Have fun doing this challenge. Don’t stress yourself out. The point is whether you made money or not: you tried 🙂
- Travel around the EMC blogosphere. Stop by. Say ‘Hi’. Your bound to find something that will help you in your month journey. There so many great, great minds in this group!
- Keep a log of what you earn and let everyone know on a weekly basis.
- Blog about your adventures on a weekly basis – I love, love to hear how everyone is doing with their challenge; the weakness and strengths; what is working for you and what is not working for you.
- Let’s help one another out – have a question on how to Ebay or post on Craigslist – leave a comment and will hunt down the right person/mentor in this group to help out.
- This is not who can make the most money.
- Its about making the effort, learning, taking action, finding new avenues in making money or making stronger with the avenues you do use.
- At the end of the challenge, the group will decide the winner. I will post a “cast your vote” bar on the site and let you decide who you think did the best job or effort in this challenge.
Let’s have fun & let the Challenge Begin! Oh wait, you want to know the frugal fun prize?????
The Financially Related Prize:
A Fabric Covered Accordian File to organize your life — Coupons Checks Receipts Recipes Cash Budget
Stylish and functional, our accordion clutch is ideal for organizing checks, receipts, coupons, recipes, cash budgets, index cards and more!
Defining interior features:
â€¢ 12 expanding tab pockets
â€¢ 20 labels
Defining exterior features:
â€¢ Dual silver-tone snap closure
â€¢ Removable quilted and lined cover
â€¢ Crafted from designer fabric
10â€ x 6â€ x 2â€
from Watermelon Wishes (and it’s tres cute!)
And what else does it come with? Why a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate from our very own Jess , author of The Good Life on a Budget!
Get those thinking caps on, the body ready for movement, and let’s take off to make some money! Oh, I will be putting a tally bar up on the site to track a group total. It’ll be fun to watch. Will update on the weekend. So blog, tweet, Facebook, or email me those totals (minus any money it costs to buy supplies, if applicable). Let the Challenge begin!
Ways to Make Money links:
Questions, concerns, shout outs…. leave a comment. 🙂