Since Summer is here, it is my mission to eat healthier. Why? Is it the nutritional benefits? The yummy-tasting summer harvest? Nope.
It’s the hopeful acheivement of losing a few pounds; to trim the waistline; to try and gain the abs that all women want!
Okay, maybe that is stretching it a bit too far – LOL!
I started my trek to better health (and a hopeful slimmer waistline) by concocting a Strawberry-Banana Oatmeal Smoothie recipe I found on the web. It was delicious (you’ll see my rave under the name Sookie’s Kitchen)!
Well, I plan on making more smoothies. Why? Because I am thinking along the concept of following a Slimfast plan: Slimfast drink for breakfast & lunch, a couple of light, light snacks, and dinner as my main meal. A moderate portion, of course. Except that I don’t like Slimfast drinks. Chalky tasting. Bleck. But a Smoothie… well, that can be tasty (and it is)!
I plan on trying a few more smoothie recipes. Really good ones and thought that you might want to try some, too. Being that it’s summer and all. So here are the really good smoothie recipes (by demand).
- Recipezaar: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Smoothie
- My Wooden Spoon: The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie *Looks darn good!
- My Meryl: Yogurt Smoothie *I particularily like this one because Yoplait has a zillion of wonderful flavors to choose from!
- Smoky Mountain Cafe: Peach Smoothie *Love cinnamon!
- Vegan for Life: Green Smoothie(s) *Yup! Gonna try one for health. Couldn’t decide which one so I added the link of 70 recipes!
Watch the calories per servings, gals (and guys)! Portion size! LOL!
Do you have a great smoothie recipe to share? I’m all ears!